Yesterday was much too busy at work, another case of out of the ordinary deliveries showing up to fill in the spaces amongst the regular ones. There came a point after 2 o'clock where I just had to walk out and take a break for a few minutes--I was spinning my wheels in one place.
At night I didn't do too much. I should have been writing, but I didn't much feel like it. I was able to do quite a bit of reading, though, and just enjoyed music on my Ipod.
This morning I had a doctor's appt. Our doctor is a woman and her office is only a few minutes from where we live, so it is very convenient to visit her in the morning and then head to work. As it turned out, the hospital is celebrating the 4th today, so I had the day off. That left me with an appt. earlier than I would have taken otherwise, but it did get me out of bed.
It was just a yearly check-up. She renewed my prescription for Elavil, and verified that I am still in very good health otherwise. Although I haven't needed to treat my allegies this year, I do still have them. As long as I'm not having sinus headaches regularly, I'm good to go.
I also told her I want to be tested for ADHD. By comparing how I am with others of similar age and IQ who were diagnosed late in life with the syndrome, I decided I shared too many similar traits to not get it checked out. One of my friends does very well on Vyvanse, and if it will help me, I'm going to try it. The testing is just a questionnaire that needs to be filled out by me and another copy by Dorothy. The questions tend to be geared for children, and I will have to transfer my current experiences which are similar. But I also recall enough of being a kid in school to see that I certainly had the traits that would have cued an astute observer into given me a test these days.
Hope you're all doing well. Tonight my niece is coming over, and we're going to see fireworks. Tomorrow is the huge used book sale at the library, and that's where I can be found. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment