My kids think my expressed views on me not playing video games makes it sound like I think people who play video games are stupid. This is not true. The smartest person I know in the whole world likes to play video games, and I don't think my kids or all my friends who play games are stupid. But since I simply don't get out of them what I want to get out of them--fun, relaxation, a sense of accomplishment when I reach a new level--it is stupid for me to play them. Lord knows I do other things to relax that would be stupid for other people to do. For instance, now and then I like to reread old Hardy Boys books. These are just cotton candy for my brain, but sometimes that's what I want, and reading them does help me too relax.
We still have plenty to do around the house. The kids are still working in the basement to get it ready for a family room--we still have too much stuff if you ask me, but it's a start. I still have my column I need to work on today. I can still be so lazy when it comes to writing, Concerta notwithstanding, even though all I need to do is start because I know what I'm going to write. But still....
So with chores ahead, this is enough for today.
Until next we chat, e-mail, or, er, not, enjoy the rest of your weekend! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment